[mdlug] Suggestions for games for an elderly parent?

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 15:17:48 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Ingles, Raymond
<Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com> wrote:
>  He's enjoyed Peggle and a few Flash games. I'm thinking an RTS or a
> turn-based strategy game might work. A driving simulator with a
> force-feedback steering wheel might work, given that it ran well under
> Wine or had a native Linux version.

Wine:
Diablo II (with the Glide wrapper for OpenGL)
Warcraft 3

Native:
Darwinia
Eve Paradox
Wargus (Warcraft II clone based on Stratagus - requires Warcraft II maps)
OpenTTD (requires Transport Tycoon Deluxe)
Glest
Lost Labyrinth
ScummVM games ("Under A Steel Sky" and "Flight of the Amazon Queen" are free)
Yura Mamyrin's jRisk (Risk clone)