[mdlug] Suggestions for games for an elderly parent?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Jan 20 13:43:30 EST 2009

> From: Mark Kimsal

> I couldn't really tell if you wanted to put money down for commercial
> games, or if the birthday present would be just setting up and
installing
> some FOSS games.

 Commercial or FOSS is fine, just so long as it runs well under Linux.

> But, commercial games are best done with Cedega, second best-ly done
> with Wine.

 I've got several games that run fine under Wine (e.g. Alice and Freedom
Force); never felt the need to try Cedega.

 I'm pondering trying out Valve's "Portal" under Steam. Technically an
FPS, but much more of a puzzle game than a twitch one. According to
Wine's DB, it can be made to run well...

Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                              (313) 227-2317

   "Don't try to frighten us with your closed-source ways, Lord Gates.
  Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure
     up more internet server market share, or given you clairvoyance
 enough to find all of the bugs in Win... *cough* *gag*" - J. R. Rimmer