[mdlug] TV News segment: clueless

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:59:36 EST 2009

--- Bob Dion wrote:
>> --- Michael Rudas wrote:

>> This is certainly the type of publicity that Linux DOESN'T need...
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syD4Z_1K09A>

> Exactly, which makes me wonder about its validity.

You make a good point.  John Kerr on the WFTL list wrote:
[quote]
I agree this kind of publicity Linux does not need, but what we saw in
the video that was linked to was only part of the story.  There is a
longer version where we find out that:
1. The college says that Ubuntu is not a problem, she can use it at school.
2. Verizon will send a technician to get her connected to the Internet

see it at <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI>

Someone wanted the world to see only the problem, not the solution.
[/quote]

Someone else pointed out that even the REVISED version of the video
contains an attack on Linux.

~~ Michael Rudas
    My home page: http://MRudas.2Ya.com
    My blog: http://FaveSoft.blogspot.com