[mdlug] KDE 4

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Tue Jan 13 14:26:03 EST 2009

	A great deal has changed in the world of compiling/installing a
Linux Kernel. It's practically automagic, in that the scripts not only
create a truly easy to understand GUI, it also reads in all the settings
from your existing kernel, including the location it resides and modules it
requires AND even reads in your boot loader. Once finished with setting up
the configuration, the compiling process will install the kernel AND modify
your bootloader for the new kernel.

	This is worlds beyond the old days. I wish that I had access to such
tools way back in the heady days of Red Hat 5.2... I would have been
compiling my own kernel for years now.

	-Rob

	"Meh, kids these days and there newfangled GUI Kernel Compiling and
Configuring tools... Get offa my lawn..." - Me