[mdlug] Gimp plugin.

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Jan 9 08:37:36 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 10:46:58PM -0500, Garry Stahl wrote:
> It is getting more complicated here.  YAST tells me I have the gimp
> development package installed, but no gimptools showing up.  I'll keep
> banging on it.

Do you have the package that includes glib.h?  I believe for
debian/ubuntu it's either libglib2-dev or libglib1.2-dev -- depending
if you need GLIB1.2 or GLIB2.0.  This should be covered by the
documentation.  Both glib1.2 and glib2.0 have a glib.h header, so the
only way you can use it is to refer to the /usr/include/glib1.2 or
/usr/include/glib2.0 directories in the configure/Makefile.

Don't get too frustrated.  There are a lot of software projects out
there that release software that is rather difficult to build, and
even an experienced linux developer ends up having to patch it to make
it work.  A lot of times it's because the source code you're using is
out of date, or the original developer got it working in a particular
setup, but neglected to include all the dependency checking so other
people could use it.   It's the nature of open source, I'm afraid.