[mdlug] Gimp plugin.

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 22:46:58 EST 2009

Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> Ending with exit code 1 (the standard for C and Unix and Linux
> is exit code 0 = success, no problems to be concerned with).
>

> P.S. Why did I write the first couple of paragraphs in
> such a bombastic style?  So that you remember what
> I'm telling you.

That unless you understand what the words are telling you, you can't do
anything with them.  My situation.  I understand every one of those
words, but not in the order they are in.  When it comes to that
particular jargon, I don't know it.  Frankly anytime I find myself at
the command line I am aping something I was told to do.  In time it
might start to make sense, I keep trying.  I am learning something with
this session.

The above is why so many people have problems learning this stuff.  The
concept of someone that doesn't understand the output is so beyond so
many people that do understand it that they don't get it.  It's like
shouting at English to some poor German that doesn't understand English
to read what is says, in English.

Now, Exit code 1, I did not know that, now I do.

It is getting more complicated here.  YAST tells me I have the gimp
development package installed, but no gimptools showing up.  I'll keep
banging on it.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org