[mdlug] [Microsoft Bashing]Stop the car I need to fix my radio

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Jan 7 08:55:54 EST 2009

> From: Novak, Louis (L.M.)

> As I've mentioned before, contrary to what others may have heard from
> a friend of a friend, the SYNC system in Ford products is NOT
> 'controlling basic automotive functionality'.
>
> It controls the audio system and your bluetooth connected phone.

 However, the behavior as described is entirely plausible. Stopping the
engine and opening the door cuts power to the radio in most models of
cars I'm familiar with. So that could easily force a reboot of the 'SYNC
system'.

Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                       (313) 227-2317

 "The Most Significant Bit in any computer is the power switch."
                          Anonymous