[mdlug] [Microsoft Bashing]Stop the car I need to fix my radio

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 21:43:37 EST 2009

--- GIB wrote:

> I know a guy who said when he uses Ford's Sync which uses
> Microsoft software.   It sometimes will drop the bass.  He
> has to stop the car, turn off the key, open then close the door
> and restart the car.  This fixes the bass.
> Someone else said the same procedure is used to fix
> the Bluetooth connection.
> The same guy has one of the Microsoft media players
> (Dune?) that locked up new years day.

You would think that car makers would learn more from each other—or
themselves.  BMW's WinCE-based "iDrive" system has been BIG trouble,
especially at the beginning—in a now-gone video on YouTube, for
example, it was shown spitting out the key card and flashing all the
dash lights instead of starting up.

I just can't see ANY MS OS controlling basic automotive functionality.
 When do BMW or Ford owners sign a EULA?  Let alone one that DOESN'T
indemnify MS against "crashing" the car?

~~ Michael Rudas
    My home page: http://MRudas.2Ya.com
    My blog: http://FaveSoft.blogspot.com