[mdlug] [OT] lugwash server down?

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Mon Jan 5 13:34:45 EST 2009

Greetings,

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Michael Corral wrote:

> Am I the only one who can't connect to http://www.lugwash.org ?
> I think lugwash poobah Jay Nugent is on this list, maybe he knows
> something about this.

   Yes, portions of the WCC campus were powered down for
maintenance/construction over the holidays.  But when power was returned,
the lugwash.org box fails to restart because the BIOS isn't set for
auto-start.  We need to attach a console and fix that someday, but the UPS
usually keeps us from encountering this problem.

   Rick Green was just out at the site and got access to the room where
the server resides (hard to reach folks when classes are not in session).
So as of a few minutes ago the LUGWASH.ORG server is back online serving
up our webpage and processing mail on the mailing list :)

   Thanks for everyone's patience!
   And THANKS to Rick for going on campus and pushing the big switch :)

      --- Jay

Train how you will Operate, and you will Operate how you were Trained.
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]                            |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.org] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|