[mdlug] Open Source Virus Protection Windows Server 2003

Robert Jim Fulner fulner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:25:10 EST 2009

Does anyone know of an Open Source virus protection program that will run on
Windows Server 2003? I honestly don't care if its "good" or even developed
any longer, though it would be preferred. My boss has asked me to locate a
free option to paying for Norton. I recommended just switching us to a Linux
server, but apparently that's not an option. They always talk about trying
to save money, but any time I mention Linux, or even getting our corporate
guys to use OpenOffice.org , Evolution, etc. on their Windows machines they
act like I'm crazy.

Currently we are all running AVG Free Home Edition on our personal machines,
which I don't believe is legal in a corporate environment, and that will not
run on Windows Server 2003.