[mdlug] USB Flash Drive Recommendations for Linux?

Stan Green Stan at mcomputersolutions.com
Tue Feb 17 22:43:10 EST 2009

I am currently using USB flash drives that I am not happy with. They are VERY
slow, they are at their worse during writes. It is taking about 30 minutes to
copy 5GB. I lost track of how long my last 20GB copy took. They might be USB
1.1 but I'm not sure.  I need to move large amounts of data and I cannot have
them be this slow. OK, I do format them as NTFS as I frequently plug them
into Windows boxes that do not have the EXT2 drivers. I do like the small
size and portability of the flash drive. Does anyone have a brand/model that
is fast, has large capacity, 32GB +,  and works well with Linux? I have heard
of some drives that are fast on Windows but slow on Linux. This does not
sound right but I don't want to spend the money just to try diprove it.

Thanks,
Stan Green