[mdlug] Mint 6, SSH and disconnects

Brandon Fotiu bfotiu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:09:53 EST 2009

The Mint box is connected to a Linksys WRT54GS running DD-WRT.  The router
is running a DHCP server but the Mint box has static IP.  I set up port
forwarding on there for the SSH connection.

They don't say they give static IPs but mine hasn't changed in months so I
haven't set up any kind of dynamic IP tracking or anything like that.  I
will try "dmesg | tail" and see next time it goes offline but fortunately it
didn't die all day today.

Brandon