[mdlug] DSL Bell Telephone

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Feb 2 11:35:02 EST 2009

> From: Robert Jim Fulner
> In the basement, the only phone jack, at least
> that I can find, is hooked into an old Bell Telephone that is
permanently
> mounted on the wall.

 Not a big deal. You can buy a phone jack from any hardware store and
wire it up, if there isn't one back there. Just hook the red wire to the
red screw, the green to the green, etc.

> I am able to find the copper line going to it threw the pantry
> in the basement.

 If it's just raw, unshielded copper wire, it probably won't be good for
sending a DSL signal. In that case, you'll probably need to run new wire
to where the phone line comes into your house. If you do some rewiring,
you can put a DSL filter in at that point...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                     (313) 227-2317

 "The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion
     is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also."
                         Mark Twain