[mdlug] Moving to Debian 64bit - Lessons Learned?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Aug 3 16:01:26 EDT 2009

> From: Ingles, Raymond

>  However, going from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 broke QEMU. My Win98 virtual
> machine won't boot anymore. Very irritating. I'm still poking at it...
> it looks like some underlying hardware representation changed and the
> settings the hosted Win98 has won't work.

 I messed with it this weekend, and then finally just gave up and
created a new VM and reinstalled Windows 98. I was able to pull some
saved games off the old image and that's good enough for now. If it
happens on a subsequent upgrade, though, I'll have to dump QEMU
entirely.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                 (313) 227-2317

 The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable
  operating system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying
          to take over the world.  - Drakmere