[mdlug] windows linux network and printer

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Apr 30 09:13:47 EDT 2009

> From: Robert Jim Fulner

> So I only actually like working with one of the above nouns, however
> avoid constanting nagging from my favorite wife, I need to get the
printer
> that's plugged inot my LinuxBox shared over our network so she can
print
> from Vista.

 I have mine set up the opposite way, Linux printing to a printer
attached to a Windows box. That seems to work okay.

 I suspect that your problem is a permissions issue - you may need to
add an account to let "anonymous" users access the printer. See these
links:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Debian-and-Windows-Shared-Printing/sharing_with_wi
ndows.html

 But I could be wrong, I don't have a lot of experience with that setup.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                         (313) 227-2317

 "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it
                    deserves it." - Mark Twain