[mdlug] Gnome Networkmanager Security/Linksys with DD-WRT

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Sun Sep 14 20:19:09 EDT 2008

Hello All,
	Since I publicly announced my ignorance of Networkmanager supporting
wpa, I should at least publicly announce I upgraded to wpa with
Networkmanager. The web page I was relying on
<http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/admins/> still says that
wep is suported and wpa support is planned. In fact Networkmanager
supports wpa personal and enterprise. I used this opportunity to upgrade
my Linksys wrt-54gl v1.1 firmware to DD-WRT v24 sp1 from the v23. As a
side effect my Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN Network Connection
plays much better with this version. Could be something I mistakenly
changed in the configuration to, of course.

Best Regards,
--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>
http://petertheplumber.net