[mdlug] OT: data recovery from dead hard disk

Dean Durant mdlug at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 27 14:48:05 EDT 2008

I know there are commercial firms that do this.   I know how much it costs too and this will be out of pocket (if I do it).  I was just curious to see if anyone on this list does it and what they charge.

Situation:   western digitial, SATA, 500 GB, fell from a desk onto the floor.  It was in an enclosure.   Now it's dead.   I think it's gone forever but I'd like to see if there is anything I can do.    Thanks, Dean