[mdlug] Postfix question

Ron Blanchett muteid10t at gmail.com
Tue May 20 11:37:41 EDT 2008

what do you get when you telnet <ipaddress> 25 to the public ip of the system?

What distro? (It does matter, debian likes to break up the config file
into a bunch of smaller files that make setup painful sometimes.)

the inet_interfaces directive should be set =  to the interface you
want postfix to listen on.
'all' is a good setting to use for initial setup and if you have
processes that submit mail on the loopback interface.