[mdlug] Heartbeat.

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Tue May 13 23:12:30 EDT 2008

My wife loves me.

Last night we took the 500 gig ATA drive back to Microcenter tio replace
it with a SATA drive for the future computer.

We walked out with the whole computer.  Gigahertz S-series Mobo AMD 2.3
gig dual core, 2 gig ram, 500 gig SATA drive Antec 300 case and a
Corsair 750 watt PS.

Today we got the bits assembled and got a heartbeat.  I'll pull the
brand new DVD-RW out of Darth Beemer for the optical drive.

I've decided to look into a USB floppy for the legacy needs of my Mavica
Camera.  That can also be paired with my Laptop.

Damn, but my wife loves me.  Second computer inside a month.  I figured
that getting "Phoenix" together would take a long grind through the
summer.  As it is as soon as I get my computer room back together we can
work on the OS instillation.  (Forget it Matt, it WILL be openSUSE, not
Debian.)

Oh, the computer room.  Tony my electrical guy just installed a new 20
amp circuit behind my desks.  But that means everything is off or out
from under those desks.  I'm also starting to paint the room with that
wall and getting my long waiting glass shelving up as well.  They all
required moving the desks.  Not something I care to do twice in a year.

I haven't decided on Gate's retirement use as of yet.  It's still a good
machine (I'm using it right now.)  I don't need a file server.  I have
hardware routers.  It might replace Darth Beemer as the lab computer
with a simplified hard drive set up and the removable bay.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org