[mdlug] m$ vs google (re: post from days gone by)

Dean Durant mdlug at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 8 00:02:40 EDT 2008

I wonder if it's occurred to anyone at Google to release their internal
desktop distro?
Why not? Someone needs to fill the gap left by Vista. A huge name would
add credibility. AT&T, IBM, Xerox, HP?   Someone must have that appetite.   AT&T, nothing ever stopped them before, except Reagan / Uncle Sam, and even then not really... (Ma Bell is back, yes?)   Still under restriction to not make money from Unix?   Except it's not unix,not technically, and they wouldn't need to make a fortune from it...  Xerox, parc place, didn't they invent the first GUI?    HP, don't they need some kind of OS winner right about now?