[mdlug] IPCOP: Still having problems

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:39:04 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:39 AM, David Lane <dcl400m at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The early part of implementing IPCOP when well.  But I'm having problems with NIC cards.
>

>  1. The RED-GREEN works fine I was able to serf in internet , after the station DHCP'd the proper address.
>  2. How ever the instant I add another network interface for a RED-GREEN-ORANGE I cant see the.

Sounds like a routing or firewall issue.

>  Solutions:
>  1. Intel 10/100/1000 Duel j45 port card. on Newegg it is 159.99
>     This might work since there is one irq and address for the system to resolve.
>
>  2. Update the BIOS, this is an ECS board, I have have problems with it before.
>
>  3. Get a different Motherboard.
>
>  4. Change the Address and IRQ in current NIC cards.
>     I like this option because it is practical, but How is that done.  I think this is the problem the NIC cards are conflicting.

I have an old K6/2-350MHz with six NICs (5 PCI and 1 ISA) and they're
all different makes.  Obviously some are sharing IRQs even though I
disabled every other preripheral including the AGP video IRQ and the
second IDE interface.  They all work although they aren't seeing much
of a load currently.  I'm using the Extra Interfaces add-on:
http://www.ban-solms.de/t/IPCop-xtiface.html

One difference with my setup is that all the cards were installed when
I installed IPCop.  I then figured out which card was assigned to
which interface and marked it accordingly.  Because of  the age of the
BIOS I am also forcing ACPI on.

I would try updating the BIOS first because it doesn't cost anything.