[mdlug] USB dilemma

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 13:32:07 EDT 2008

Okay.  the problem is solved, but I am wondering what caused it.

I have a four gig flash drive.  It was slightly corrupted in that it has
several files that would not delete as they "didn't exist" but were
still there.  I reformatted the drive in Suse 9.3 with fat 32.

Since then every time I plugged that drive in the USB port it locked the
computer solid.  Reset button required.  Other flash drives did not do
this.   I could boot the computer with the drive in place and it would
work.  I could remove it no problem

I put the drive into the XP box, no problem.  I reformatted it with the
XP tools and the problem vanished.

Does anyone have an idea WHY?

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org