[mdlug] HP Linux Printer At Big LOTS?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Mar 17 09:33:57 EDT 2008

> From: David Lane

> I do know that HP has tools for OpenSuse, and I walk in to a
> Big LOTS, and there is a Deskjet D1415  for $26.00.

 Lots of companies are starting to understand the benefits of open source. I just
attended a presentation here at Compuware a few days ago that showed some people
here "get it" - Compuware's been working with the Eclipse foundation for a long
time.

 Linux is only a part of open source, but the more open source stuff there is, the
more useful it becomes. There won't be a "Year of the Linux Desktop" - it'll just
keep growing, slowly and inexorably, and then it'll be a common part of the
landscape and no one will give it a second thought.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                   (313) 227-2317

   "Kids cost nothing to make, and what with the Internet,
     they practically raise themselves!" - Homer Simpson