[mdlug] local data recovery service

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Thu Mar 13 14:22:05 EDT 2008

	I (recently) spent roughly 3 hours lightly tapping on a laptop hard
drive as a ghosted it to a replacement laptop hard drive. The hard drive
would get "stuck" after a few moments of operation and if left idle, this
would cause the OS or whatever operation that was being performed to kick
out a fatal error message.

	The light tapping "loosened" up the drive and kept it spinning long
enough for the ghost process to play out.

	No, it wasn't fun.

	Would I do it again? If I must, then I must.

	Did it actually end up saving me time? Heck yeah, installing Windows
XP Pro from scratch, along with all the drivers, patches, applications and
then patches for those applications would have taken me nearly 5 hours.

	-Rob