[mdlug] Well, shucks - motherboard/CPU advice needed

Aaron Kulkis akulkis3 at hotpop.com
Thu Mar 13 02:32:38 EDT 2008

Ingles, Raymond wrote:
>> From: Ingles, Raymond
>
>>  Yeah, but the price is even higher than that, because with no onboard
>> video I'd need to pick up a PCI Express video card, too. We have four
>> kids, every penny counts.
>
>  And I just noticed the advanced MBs have a couple extra power plugs - EATX
> and an extra PCIe power connector. Throw a new power supply into the mix. :-/

You can buy adapters for cheap...or if you can wait until after
the weekend, I can give you a set for free.

The motherboard I mentioned can use either ATX or EATX power
supplies.  I foolishly purchased a couple of adapters before
reading the manual which notes that they are unnecessary, as
long as my PS can put out the required power.