[mdlug] HD-Homerun + MythTV

R. Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Tue Jul 15 09:12:00 EDT 2008

Mouse support is the least of my complaints. The Myth Front End interface in general is not intuitive.

For example, if I try to do manual recording it brings up a screen with a button that reads something like (I don't have access to it now) 'Set recording parameters'. This needs to be modified for recording to be successful.  To be consistent with other menu's, I would have expected something like 'Next' at the bottom right. Also, after you select parameters (some of them are mandatory, some can be default which again is unclear from the interface), you need to select 'Save recording infor..' (or something like that) from a list. I would have expected a 'Finish' button at the bottom right like other menus.

Also, is there a way to gracefully terminate the backend. I just killed the process (rather ungraceful) to change setup parameters. It looks like one of my recordings got deleted automatically (I need to investigate why).

Thanks