[mdlug] LVM problem

Robert Meier list1c30fe42 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 10 19:34:40 EDT 2008

David,

> fdisk ...
> mkswap ...
> Is there something else I need to do to get the kernel to re-scan that
> partition table?

Older (2.4.12?) linux kernels had the limitation/bug that the kernel
cached the partition tables multiple times and DID NOT refresh
all the boot disk partition table caches until rebooted.
I understand this was fixed in 2.6 and later 2.4 releases.

Suggesting,
--
Bob

  "Computers are magnificent tools for the realization of our dreams,
   but no machine can replace the human spark of
   spirit, compassion, love, and understanding."
     -- Louis Gerstner