[mdlug] good distro for openssl, squid, and citrix?

Dean Durant mdlug at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 10 16:11:47 EDT 2008

Hello, can anyone recommend a good distro for openssl?    My understanding is that redhat is not so good.    Openssl pre-installed would be fine, but I also don't mind downloading a tarball, running configure, make, and make install, or other type instructions.

But the openssl headers are really a problem it seems like.

My ultimate problem seems to be a trying to use an already compiled squid rpm that doesn't seem to pass https as needed to use with citrix.

So I feel like I have to compile a new squid binary from scratch, with the --enable-openssl option, and that's where make runs into a issue with the openssl headers not being installed.    This is on redhat(e) enterprise linux, and there is something very confusing, or very f_____d up about openssl on RHEL.

So I am searching for an alternative.       Thanks, Dean