[mdlug] Interesting information about Windows

Aaron Kulkis akulkis3 at hotpop.com
Sat Jan 26 03:05:45 EST 2008

R. Kannan wrote:
> Louis,
>
> As I understand it from my contacts in Ford, Ford is
 > planning to integrate mechanical function (steer, drive
 > etc.) controls with sync in more 'advanced' versions of
 > sync (dubbed sync2 and sync3). GM is already thinking
 > about it per Rick Wagoner's 'driverless driving' talk
 > in CES. Correct me if I am wrong.

If they do that, be ready for court cases even more
notorious than the Pinto lawsuits.

If any fatalities are involved, all a plaintiff's
lawyer has to do is walk into the court room, and
say the words "Blue Screen of Death" as many times
as possible while holding in his hands, where the
jury can see it, a photograph of the console showing
a Windows start-up screen in the Ford vehicle.

At that point, Ford has lost the case, and the
trial isn't even out of the opening arguments yet.