[mdlug] CMS opinions

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:44:43 EST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 1:13 PM, Michael <newmaniese at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would avoid GoDaddy at any cost. It's the wal-mart of server companies. If
> anything was to go wrong with your server trying to get someone on the phone
> who is actually in the server room is a pain.

Thanks for the warning.  Our previous host was CIHost.  While we
didn't have too many problems we did have some down time and their
customer service people are not great.  Tech support was reasonably
good but we did have some nagging problems after a drive crash and
data recovery with some settings not correct on the rebuild.  There
were some quality problems with long pop/smtp response times, missing
symlinks on the web server, and broken webmail.  I've read a lot of
bad opinions of CIHost lately so maybe we were just lucky.  The site
we had wasn't all that important since mostly it was obsolete product
info.  I'm not expecting a lot of traffic to the new site so downtime
isn't that critical but I am going to be doing automated backups
anyways.