[mdlug] what am I missing about debian and java?

Dean Durant mdlug at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 25 12:11:28 EST 2008

Hello, is there something about java and debian I'm not getting?   Java for the web browser is included with Knoppix.   I installed Debian, and no java for either IceWeasel or Epiphany.   I tried to download java & install it, no luck.   I tried Kubuntu, no luck.   Knoppix is based on Debian, so what is the difference?

Is there some philosophical difference between java and Debian that knoppix overlooks?    Thanks, Dean