[mdlug] Interesting information about Windows "7"

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:25:22 EST 2008

Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> Michael Corral wrote:
> > 2008-01-22, Monsieur Aaron Kulkis a ecrit:
>>> I can't see W7 arriving any time before 2010 at
> >> the earliest.

>> It will come loaded with Duke Nukem Forever, and will
> > be the OS installed in the flying cars that year.

> No transportation maker is going to open themselves
> up to THAT kind of liability.
>
> All that's needed is one fatality caused by an OS
> crash...and no jury in the world will give the
> defendant manufacturer an iota of sympathy, when
> even the most non-technical people are thoroughly
> familiar with the words "Blue Screen of Death,"
> and know exactly what it means.

Actually, an MS-driven automotive framework has been in place for
several years -- the BMW "iDrive" system (based on WinCE) -- and it's
been rife with problems, especially early on.  There has been at least
one report of the system "rebooting" on the freeway, for example.
Ford's "SYNC" system appears to be a lot less ambitious and invasive,
fortunately.  I wonder how the MS EULA differs for these products?
Microsoft is no more suited for automotive control applications than
it is for life-support systems...

Google bmw idrive problems for a laugh.

~~ Mikey