[mdlug] External Hard Drives: Mounting, Unmounting, Partial Mounting?

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Mon Jan 21 14:25:58 EST 2008

	I'm not dissing GNOME, as it is a great desktop for what it is
aiming at. GNOME is geared towards making he user experience as "easy" and
"simple" as possible. It's aimed quite squarely at new computer users and
"regular" users. In this, GNOME does a most excellent job and is well worth
praising.

	KDE, on the other hand, is aimed at Power Users and Admin types.
There are built-in tools and functionality that allow one to use Access
Control Lists on files, which Linux has supported for quite a few years.
(GNOME lacks this, as it is an "advanced" concept.)

	Both desktops are tools. Both contain different tools. Both are
aimed at different user bases. I wouldn't say that either one is
significantly better than the other. They both have their strengths and
weaknesses.

	-Rob