[mdlug] ASSP update...

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Mon Jan 21 09:59:25 EST 2008

Mark Thuemmel wrote:
> ASSP has a cronjob that updates once a day.  I was manually running the
> update if I moved a bunch of files around, but these days it is usually
> just one or two a month so I don't bother anymore.

I forgot to mention that I run a cron job that does several things.
It checks to see if users have moved any messages to a folder named
"spam" and processes the messages.  It checks how many files are in
each of the folders for okmail and spam and deletes the oldest ones
if there are too many.  It also rebuilds the spam database.  I run
this from 1 to 6 times an hour, depending on the system.

I also do not let the messages get saved with a number.  That makes
the subject become the name of the file.  That way I can ls -T to
see the recent newcomers to okmail and spam and then move any that
are misidentified.