[mdlug] tax software recommendations

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 17:51:24 EST 2008

Clinton:

Are they requiring IE on Windows?  I've used them the past couple of
years and have been quite happy, although both times I sent them notes
like 'real people do often use an OS besides windows'.  I think I did
need to fidget with the use agent last year, however.

I plan to proceed with TT once I get my W2's.  Lets see how it goes.

On Monday 14 January 2008, Clinton V. Weiss wrote:
> Not software, however:
>
> I do not recommend TurboTax's website - this year they're being
> strict and asinine about browser detection.  In previous years I
> could just click "Continue anyway" after given a warning that my
> browser may not be supported.  Sure I could install a plugin to
> thwart them, but that shouldn't be necessary.
>
> I'll be watching this thread closely,
> Clinton
>
> On Jan 13, 2008 10:47 PM, Robert Meier <eaglecoach at wwnet.com> wrote:
> > Taxed,
> >
> > Can anyone (dis)recommend tax preparation software?
> >
> > The principle need is for all the forms and instructions in one
> > package. i.e. Moving Expenses (3704?)
> >          Sale of a house
> >
> > TIA,
> > --
> > Robert Meier
> >
> >   "Science is organized common sense,
> >    where many a beautiful theory was killed by an ugly fact."
> >      -- Thomas Huxley

Mike
www.dynaorg.com