[mdlug] Hi...I'm a new mdluger

Aaron Kulkis akulkis3 at hotpop.com
Fri Jan 11 18:56:03 EST 2008

Robert Lippert wrote:
> Raymond,
>
> Yes...I'd be happy to give a talk on it.
>
> The GTK Analysis System (GAS) is what I think I'll call it.
> GAS is like a very powerful graphing calculator.

you might want to think of a different name.

There are at least two pieces of software,
gAS (Geographic Analysis System, based on some other
software calls grass) and GAS (Ground Analysis Software)

And just trying to verify this software's existance
was very difficult... because of all the google
hits that found pages with subject matter covering
petroleum energy, vaporous substances, etc.
Even this set of search terms:

   gAS software analysis
came up with over 4,670,000 hits, and after
stripping out many petroleum/energy/vapor-substance
related terms:

gAS software analysis computer -gases -phase
-discharge -spectroscopy -natural -fuel -energy
-meter -chromatography -mass -utility -steam
-oil -pump -electric

still has a difficult time winnowing out
the chaff (46,7000 pages, most of which
are still not what I'm looking for, and
none of them near the top of the hit list).

Think of a name that is a word that is not
used very often and/or a spelling that would
be..ahem.."non-standard" so that a simple
google search turns up pages without people
having to spend 10 minutes crafting a
search that actually gets desired results.