[mdlug] It happened...

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Jan 9 11:17:46 EST 2008

> From: Pat Baker

> The larger issues that have plagued the 650 were fixed in the 700p, for me it
> was screen quality and phone sound quality.

 Huh. I've been fine with both of those.

> 700p browsing runs rings around 650, the halting and rebooting ring of death
> after using the browser for a while looks to have been fixed.

 Huh. I don't do much browsing with my 650 (no data plan, too pricey; though I
found a way to get a 14.4 connection that costs only plan minutes which I use in
a pinch).

> Even the slot were the SD card is places is better places so it does not pop
> out as much if its bumped.

 I've had cards pop out if I *dropped* the phone, but not just from normal handling.
I got a rubberized casing for it to protect it from such impacts.

> The 650 had issues with Linux

 I've *never* had an issue syncing my 650 with Jpilot. What did you see, so I can
look out for it?

 Were I buying a new phone, I'd look seriously at the new Palm Centro. Only $99
(with contract) and essentially equivalent specs to the 700p. It uses the microSD
card, though, which is a pain to extract and handle because it's so small... but
it won't ever fall out. :->

 It's only available right now from Sprint but I gather that'll change in a few
months, conceivably sooner.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                           (313) 227-2317

   Microsoft Windows - Dissatisfaction guaranteed.