[mdlug] It happened...

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 16:49:38 EST 2008

Having used a Treo 650 for 2 years, I can say this:  It was a pretty
good browser, a great PDA, and a mediocre phone.  This phone was
stolen, and I've replaced it with a Razr (work supplied).  Which is a
very nice phone, bad PDA, and lousy browser (if you want to call it
that).

The bottom line is smart phones are either great as a phone or great as
a Web Client.  I have yet to see both (although the iPhone could be the
exception, although its lack of flash support /severely/ limits its use
in many cases).

Maybe you want a nice, slim-line phone that is a great phone, and a
separate internet/GPS gadget like this: http://www.nokiausa.com/n810

As a GPS device along, it seems worth it.  And being Linux based, it is
nice and hackable, I expect :)

Cheers,

Mike

ps. hold me back, I am /this/ close to an impulse buy...

On Thursday 20 December 2007, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> I thought I would be at the Canton Public Library for a long
> time...perhaps until retirement.  However I chatted with a
> recruiter and the next thing I know I've accepted a new position.
> I mention this for two reasons.
>
> First, please update your contact lists.  I've sent a lot of
> email from the millerc at cantonpl.org address, and it will be
> going away shortly.  The carl at carltm.com address is good.
>
> Second, what advice do you have for a cell phone that can
> be used for Internet access?  I remember someone mentioning
> a certain model of phone that you can buy a USB cable for
> and connect without an extra fee.  I don't mind paying extra
> for a phone or for service if I can surf at no extra charge.

Mike
www.dynaorg.com