[mdlug] OT - IR jamming

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 19:15:20 EST 2008

Ingles, Raymond wrote:
>  Well, it's not quite intended like that. Don't forget the other part of that,
> that it must not cause interference. The intent of the law is to limit power
> levels so that the signals generated by the device as it operates don't
> interfere with the operations of other, legally-more-important devices. They
> may in fact be shielded, but the intent of the law is to make it so that if a
> legally-more-important device interferes with a less-important one, tough beans.
> They can't, say, detect the interference and boost their power levels (beyond
> legal limits) to compensate.

Nor apparently sufficiently shield themselves from said interference.
That is the part I wonder about.  It's not sufficient to not cause
interference, which I think it should be, but you must allow
interference.  So If I come up with Garry's Superior RF shielding, that
keeps my device not only from interfering but from being interfered with
I can't use it?

The wording of the rule is odd to say the least.

--
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn Http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com