[mdlug] e2fsck - What to do?

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Mon Aug 4 08:54:15 EDT 2008

Fsck has the -y option to "just do it."  If you are having that many
issues with the drive, you may want to try other measures to get your
data back, first, if it is important.  I'm no data recovery expert,
though, so I defer to someone more knowledgeable in this area.  I just
wanted to make sure you knew about the -y option and its implications if
you did use it.

Along the same lines, for commands that don't have a -f or -y to answer
yes for you, there is the greatest command of all time: yes.  For
example, (stupid example, but it shows the point):

# yes | rm -ri /tmp/*