[mdlug] home hosting

Joseph C. Bender jcbender at bendorius.com
Wed Apr 9 12:37:44 EDT 2008

Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Joseph C. Bender wrote:
>>
>>> 	If you don't want Internet service with such restrictions, there are
>>> many providers out there that will gladly sell you a variety of services
>>> that are fairly unrestricted.  It's just that none of them will cost you
>>> $49-59 per month.
>>>
>> Agreed... but if you want some action or satisfaction, a complaint to
>> the MPSC would help since Comcast wants to be the new "AT&T"...
>>

> I doubt they would provide a sympathetic ear, let alone
> regulatory action.  The cost of providing higher service
> tiers at residential rates is to raise the price of
> residential rates.  Standard principle of trade-offs
> which are the basis of both engineering and economics.

	Given that there's nothing actually regulatory being violated simply
because Comcast wants to be a telephone company, the MPSC would probably
laugh it out of the room.  That being said, if they are specifically
violating terms of their CLEC charter, their various interconnect and
operating agreements, or state communications laws and regulations,
*then* someone might have cause to file a complaint.

	The MPSC website gives a pretty good idea what one should and shouldn't
file a formal complaint for.

> And I seriously doubt that the MPSC would be in favor of that.

	They wouldn't, given there's really nothing that the MPSC could enforce
here.

--
Joseph Bender
Bendorius Consulting