[mdlug] Palm emulator help

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 18:29:42 EDT 2008

     I wish to extract Memopad memos from a session of the Pose Palm
emulator into
plain text files. What is the best way to do this?

     I have Jpilot for linux which syncs well with a real Palmpilot.
But there seems to be no way
to tell either it or Pose to sync with each other - only with a
device on a serial port. If I had
two serial ports this would be trivial; but there is only one on the
board (except for the nullmodem)
and the only serial cards I have are ISA, of which type of slot I do not have.

     I've also tried importing into Jpilot a Memopad database that I
extracted from Pose. Somehow
the important records (or all of them for that matter) came in
garbled and "marked private" in spite
of the fact that the box is unchecked on those same memos in Pose.

     Anybody got a good solution, or perhaps a menu option that I missed?

----

   - Drew.