[mdlug] ASSP update

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 1 10:43:32 EDT 2008

It's been just over 2 months since implementing my first ASSP spam filter on
one of my client's email server.  Since that time, the cummulative average
is at 94.3% of non-local mail being blocked!  All I can say is WOW!
Currently I rebuild the spam database once a day.  Not sure if doing it more
often would really make any difference.   I remember from earlier posts that
some users were rebuilding much more frequently.  This is a small office
which is processing just over 400 messages per day.  Maybe busier mail hosts
could benefit from a more up-to-date spam database.
What's really cool is that the client has noticed a big difference in their
inboxes, literally.

-Mike