[mdlug] SDL extensions - how common?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Sep 27 14:17:19 EDT 2007

> From: Rich Elswick

> well now, you stated the main item.  Commercial game.

> non-commercial use, FMOD is free:
> http://www.fmod.org/index.php/sales

 True, but it doesn't meet the 'open-source' criterion. FMOD's apparently a
bit easier to work with than OpenAL, but I don't mind getting a bit low-level,
and my sound needs are relatively straighforward. (I don't need background
music, for example.)

 I'm not knocking those who choose FMOD, but it doesn't seem to be a good
fit for this project, that's all.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                           (313) 227-2317

 "DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'"
                         - Mr. Chaotica