[mdlug] SDL extensions - how common?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Sep 25 10:25:46 EDT 2007

I'm working on a game-like program (I've been working on it for years,
really, but I've finally decided to get the damn thing done) and the SDL
is a wonderful thing. But I find I need a few things that aren't in the
core SDL; in particular SDL-image and SDL-sound would be most helpful.
Ubuntu and Debian have these as packages; I'm curious as to what other
distributions have them available. If y'all could check in your package
managers for "libsdl_image" and/or "libsdl_sound", I'd appreciate it.

 (The program I'm working on is described here:
http://ingles.homeunix.org/software/fpfm/designdoc.html - I estimate I'm
about a month from having something that actually shows an image on the
screen.)

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                           (313) 227-2317

 "Our answer to al Qaeda shouldn't be to restrict our own liberties.
         It should be to restrict theirs." - J. Pournelle