[mdlug] Help with Spotty Internet/Network Problems

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 11:20:16 EDT 2007

Elisa Gomez wrote:

> I'm running Ubuntu (Fiesty and I recently upgraded to
> Gutsy, but the problem's been absolutely the same) and
> I have AT&T DSL and I've been having some problems
> with it for the past six weeks/two months. Every two
> or three weeks, I go through this period of spotty
> coverage, where the connection will work for 30
> minutes or so and then drop back out.

Just so you know, I've got AT&T DSL and regularly transfer 30+ GB a
month via torrents and direct downloads.  I have never, to my
knowledge, had throttling issues.  DSL's a one-to-one connection--
unlike cable, which is a shared loop; hence all the Comcast issues
that have come to light of late.

~~ Mikey