[mdlug] More Laptop

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 00:30:46 EDT 2007

Well, my son called it dead, the Thinkpad T40 that is.  I did a bit of
digging, talked to Ray, got the thing open and I think it's the CPU
flaking out from the heat of a dead fan

I ordered a new fan and heatsink from Lenovo.  I found a CPU on E-bay
for a reasonable price.  We shall see once stuff comes in.

OK laptops are not scary to work on once you have a maintenance guide.
I think a system that is three times better than I have is worth a bit
of money and effort to fix.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn Http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com