[mdlug] Laptop Purchase Opinions Please

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Tue Oct 16 20:37:25 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 20:20 -0400, Raymond McLaughlin wrote:
> Peter Bart wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 01:53 -0400, Michael Rudas wrote:
> >> Jeff Hanson wrote:

> >> This series of TOS laptops has a biometric fingerprint scanner.  I
> >> have not checked into Linux drivers for it, though.
> >
> > A person on another list has one similar recently purchased that works.
> > His experience is the reason I'm going with Toshiba.
>
> Really? The Toshibas I've encountered at recent installfests were iffy
> enough to steer me away. I don't remember which devices it was off hand,
> but driver support was quite sub optimal.

I don't know what to say?? You can see the whole post here
<http://groups.google.com/group/mosg/browse_thread/thread/88ba09e5103face8/e9df8e867e6a557d#e9df8e867e6a557d>. It was that and the reputation of being built like a tank. See my post about getting a 12 yo Tecra running.

Best Regards,
--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>
http://petertheplumber.net