[mdlug] Darwinia game at Big Lots for $4

Kristoffer Marshall marshall.kris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:30:05 EST 2007

Clinton V. Weiss wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2007 8:34 AM, Kristoffer Marshall <marshall.kris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm in my programming class now, and it's back to acting like I'm
>> paying attention like I haven't taken the class twice before.
>>

> If you've taken the class twice before... well, just a thought but
> maybe you *should* be paying attention?
>
> (Don't worry - I was guilty of ignoring the profs in college too - but
> I never took a class three times!)

No, I got A's in the last two classes. The only problem is that one was
in highschool and the other just didn't transfer. I find this a shame
since my class in highschool was a lot more advanced. The semester is
almost over and we were just introduced to arrays and creating your own
classes. My teacher is afraid of using a 0 element. She adds 1 to all of
her code to start everything at 1.

Teacher: "Will this code run correctly?"
Me: "No."
Teacher: "Why not?"
Me: "Because there's a green squiggly underlining that variable
declaration."
Teacher: "Oh, I was hoping no one would see that."

I can't complain much about this class though. It keeps my GPA up and
it's one of the few computer classes I'm actually allowed to take even
though I'm going for my IT degree. I don't know why, but I have a
feeling that my art history class is going to help me much unless I'm
going to work in an art museum as a tour guide.