[mdlug] Ubuntu 7.04 and Epson Scanner Success

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Sat Nov 3 10:36:09 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 08:42 -0400, Robert Adkins wrote:
> It's the little things like that, which turn me towards OpenSuSe than any
> other distro on the market. (SuSe has always been really damn good about
> things like that, especially laptop support.)

	Yes, opensuse has been real good at these things. Printer and scanner
working aren't such small things  to me when I have to take time to try
and make it work. The other night when my step daughter had to print a
report; when I found out about it, try to email it (aol is way to slow
to send from and she doesn't want or use a client), burn it to disk,
take it to my box and then print it. Not something I want to do at
2200 ;-)

> What do you think of their new "One-Click" install system?

	lol, yes now that I've figured out and gotten used to using
repositories! maemo.org is using the same thing on most of the programs
listed. It's great!

> If you run an Nvidia graphics card, what do you think of how OpenSuSe will
> "reinstall" the driver for you when you do an official Kernel update? (I
> fricken love that myself, the less fiddling around that I need to do, the
> absolute better it is, in my opinion.)

	I still don't have a Nvidia card so I can't comment. Sounds great
though. Things like this really put the finishing touches on a distro!

Best Regards,
--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>
http://petertheplumber.net